How can you lose the Word document?Sometimes its the software that either crashes out of the blue or stops responding to user input unexpectedly and youve to force close it. Other times youre in your zone so focused on the task that you either totally forget to save the document or keep deterring it to avoid breaking your momentum. On occasions users have also accidentally closed Word without saving the document. Whatever the reason might be, youre pretty much stranded and have nothing to show for the amount of work and time youve invested.
WORD DOCUMENT RECOVERY ON MAC | How to recover deleted word document on Mac
Method 1 uFlysoft Macintosh Data Recovery
Quickest and the most convenient way to recover lost data and files is through uFlysoft Data Recovery software. It doesnt matter if your document was lost because of crashing software, user error, accidental deletion or drive formatting or malware attack, uFlysoft will get the job done.
If you are pondering over, how to recover the deleted word document on Mac, simply follow the mentioned steps:
1. Download the setup file from www.uflysoft.com for document recovery. (link: http://www.uflysoft.com/data-recovery-mac/)
2. Run the setup and let it complete the installation process.
3. Once installed run the utility.
4. Follow the instructions in the folder to retrieve your lost data, files or documents.
Great thing about uFlysoft is that it isnt limited to Word for Mac files but works on all types of data including audio, video, Excel, PDF, Adobe Illustrator, HTML, PowerPoint files and more. Its a onetime investment that will free you from all accidental data loss worries for life time. The utility is compatible with OS X Mountain Lion and later versions.
Youll also get free technical support and lifetime free updates so your data recovery needs are always met and you stay ahead of the curve.
Method 2 Recovering Word Document using AutoRecoveryMicrosoft Word on Mac includes an AutoRecovery folder that contains copies of open Word documents that software automatically saves periodically to avoid any accidental data loss. Microsoft keeps this option turned on by default. The file may not contain the additions, deletions and modifications youve made in last few minutes but its always better to redo few minutes of work rather than writing the whole thing once again.
1. Click HOME, in the GO menu.
2. Open the MICROSOFT USER DATA folder contained in DOCUMENTS folder.
3. Youll see files saved as AutoRecovery save of [name of the file]. Find the file you lost, rename it and resave it with .doc extension.
4. Now you can open the file in Word for Mac again.
5. Save it again in the location intended.
Method 3 - Recovering Word Document using Temporary FolderThis may not work all the time but its worth the shot.
1. Finder > Go > Go to Folder
2. Once there type in /private/var/folders and look for the document named "Word Work File" in a "Temporary items" folder.
3. Copy it to your Desktop. Open the file and save it where intended.
FINAL THOUGHTThere are ways to recover your accidentally deleted Word document that may or may not work depending on the situation. Thats why your safest bet is to get the uFlysoft Data Recovery utility which will work in all scenarios and is future proof.
article source: http://www.uflysoft.com/data-recovery-mac/top-3-ways-to-quickly-recover-word-documents-on-mac.html